What to expect on the day of your Mystic Maiden cruise:
- Max capacity is 6 passengers (Please do not show up with more than that. Someone will be disappointed.)
- We will provide a cooler and ice along with water. Anything else you want to bring is fine.
- You MUST be 21+ to drink on the boat.
- Please arrive 20-30 minutes before your scheduled time. The clock starts at the scheduled time, no exceptions.
- Yes, there is a bathroom on-board the ship.
- Be sure to bring sunscreen and a hat.
- Dress in layers. We highly recommend bringing a hooded sweatshirt and sweatpants. Once the sun goes down it gets chilly real fast.
- Please do not feed the ducks or fish.
- If you feel inclined to fish, then go for it!
- Yes, the Captain is United States Coast Guard certified and so is the ship.
- Yes, we have a sound system and Mackie speakers on-board for your music. Talk to us about what music you want.
- If you want to bring your own DJ, we can do that too.
- Yes, the boat lights up at night! We have a variety of custom LED lights on the boat. The lights can be programmed to be stationary or blink. And they can be set up to blink in tune with your music. Lights can only be displayed while at dock or anchor
Estimated travel times to local spots (View the map of locations)
Strawberry Island – 40 Minutes
Fisher’s Bay – 50-60 minutes
Muscamoot Bay – 1:00
Little Muscamoot Bay – 1:00 – 1:20
Gull Island – 1:20-1:30
Browns Bar – 1:00
Basic Rules of the Mystic Maiden:
- No illegal substances or firearms are permitted on board. Discovery of the presence and/or use of illegal
substances and/or firearms will immediately terminate the Charter without refund and the vessel will return
to port. While Medical Marijuana is legal in Michigan it is still against Federal Law according to the Coast
- A cancellation called by the Captain due to weather or mechanical problems will create either a deposit
credited toward another Charter date or you may request a refund. A trip terminated by the Captain due to
the weather once pleasure trip has commenced will not be entitled to a refund if the Charter party agreed to
leave the dock. A trip terminated due to member(s) of the Charter party getting seasick will not be entitled to
a refund or credit.
- If you don’t show up at the dock the day of your Charter, you will forfeit your deposit. If you show up late and
not ready to leave at the agreed departure time you are losing fishing or cruising time the clock starts at the
agreed departure time.
- In the event that members of your Charter party become intoxicated to the point that the crew determines
that they create a hazard to themselves or others, the Charter will be immediately terminated without refund
and the boat will return to port.
- Children age 12 and under must wear a personal flotation device. It is a Coast Guard requirement. Don’t ask
us to break the law. The crew will remind children in your party regarding this regulation. Please assist in
making sure that children covered by this Coast Guard regulation comply. We will provide you with a Coast
Guard approved life jackets.
- Cancellations must be made at least 10 days prior to charter.